Labeling repeats

Jump to solution
05-23-2019 01:26 PM
Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi folks, 

I am looking for a way to somehow label repeats. In my survey I need to ask for (almost) each hour of the day for certain activities (in total 4 questions). Now I thought, I could create a repeat for each of these hours and put inside the questions - that should work to my clients' convenience. But I would like to put the time of that hour (e.g. 8-9am, 9-10am, 10-11am, etc.) on each repeat so it is easier to know for which hour they have to answer the questions. 

Do you see a way how to do it? Or any other idea how I could create that kind of matrix?

Ismael Chivite‌ and James Tedrick‌, it is very annoying that the table-list appearance still does not work in the field app. I have 15 questions with the same answer schema under each other and it could save me so much space and it would also look so much better in a table look! 😞

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

I found a quick solution which is not yet perfect but should work for now: 

I created a select_one field for the time with the names 1-20, and the labels 4am-5am, 5am-6am, etc. This field I defined to calculate "once(count(${counter}))". While counter is a hidden field (thanks James Tedrick‌ for that hint in another post) with the default value of 1. My time field I have now set to read only so the user cannot change the time slot. 

The only thing I would like to change now is the availability of the drop down menu for the time. I have set appearance to minimal to just see the selected time slot but the drop down is still showing although it is read only... but that's more cosmetical...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

I found a quick solution which is not yet perfect but should work for now: 

I created a select_one field for the time with the names 1-20, and the labels 4am-5am, 5am-6am, etc. This field I defined to calculate "once(count(${counter}))". While counter is a hidden field (thanks James Tedrick‌ for that hint in another post) with the default value of 1. My time field I have now set to read only so the user cannot change the time slot. 

The only thing I would like to change now is the availability of the drop down menu for the time. I have set appearance to minimal to just see the selected time slot but the drop down is still showing although it is read only... but that's more cosmetical...

0 Kudos