Issues with nested repeats

10-02-2019 03:17 PM
DenaS1
by
New Contributor II

Hello,

I am new to Survey123 and trying to find out what is and what is not available on Connect vs the web app. I want to publish a survey questionnaire in the web app but my survey is relatively advanced, thus I used Connect to build it. For example, I have groups with nested repeats, which is necessary for the kind of survey I need. When I try to publish the survey I receive an error in "initializing form".... "Currently, nested repeats are not supported in the web app"

I have seen on multiple forums that nested repeats are indeed available in the web app. What am I missing here and is there a work-around?

Thank you!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Dena,

Currently nested repeat is not supported on web form, you will have to use the field app to collcet the data if your survey contains nested repeat. Could you contact our Tech Support to have them adding your head acount to this enhancement request? That way the issue will be promoted to a higher status for issue implemented in the future release.

Thanks,

Shwu-Jing

0 Kudos
DenaS1
by
New Contributor II
Hi Shwu-jing,
Thanks for this response. We are not actually collecting field data but instead sending around survey questionnaires to a broad audience to collect data from conservation experts. Thus, I assume the web-app is my only option, correct? Are there other nested repeat work-arounds?
One reason why I went to nested repeats (besides having repeat data needs) is because I need more than one location data entry in my survey. When I went to publish with multiple location data needs, I received an error saying that you can't publish a survey with more than one geopoint data type unless it is inside a repeat. Thus, I made it into a repeat but it had to be nested. Perhaps there is a work-around on this issue instead?
Thanks again.
0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Dena,

If you need multiple location data for your durvey, you can enter 'null' into the bind::esri:fieldType column for others but one of the geopoint questions. There is an sample in Survey123 Connect to show you how you can create surveys with multiple geopoints. We are still working on supporting nested repeat on the web form at this point, hope this would be helful as workaround.

0 Kudos
BonnieWeller1
New Contributor III

Can I assume that nested repeats also work on the Survey123 for ArcGIS app installed on the PC and that it is just the web app through a browser that does not work yet?

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Bonnie,

Yes, nested repeat will work on the windows version of field app. It's only the web form we havne't suppoted nested repeat yet.

0 Kudos
rachelm
New Contributor III

Is there any update to this functionality coming to the web form? @Shwu-jingJeng 

I see it's possible to create points in a survey with nested repeats, but editing is not available.

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi rachelm,

Currently we do have an existing enhancement request in our backlogs to support the editing/viewing the nested repeats. For the webform, we only support nested repeat while submitting a new record in the current release.

ENH-000134198 Allow Survey 123 web app to have the functionality to view and edit the survey form with nested repeats.

I will suggest you to contact Esri Support service so that the same request will be added with your custmer acount to this enhancement request. That way the issue will be promoted to a higher status for issue implemented in the future release.

Thanks,