Select to view content in your preferred language

Issue with default value when a repeat is controlled by 'relevant' option

Jump to solution
01-18-2024 01:19 PM
ArthurB
New Contributor

I am having trouble with the 'default' option in one of my repeats, specifically when combined with the 'relevant' option. The following is a pared-down version of the template that I am working on:

[split to allow for readable image; assume any excluded fields are empty]

ArthurB_3-1705612258109.png...

ArthurB_5-1705612620819.png

There is an overarching repeat with two repeats within it. The two sub-repeats are supposed to be similar from a functional perspective (a species list controlled by the "spc_list_control" option). The first repeat is the 'standard' version of the species list. As seen in the image below, the default option [1 = Short List] shows up correctly when the interview form is first opened.

ArthurB_1-1705611800806.png

The second repeat is optional and is controlled by the "No/Yes" question. If the option "Yes" is selected then the 'optional' species list is provided. However, the default value does not auto-populate in this instance.

ArthurB_2-1705611889809.png

I am wondering if I am doing something wrong with my template. The control options are specified in the same way and use the same source data (spc_list_control).

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

The relevant column basically sets everything to null when hidden. Rather than relevant, try the body::esri:visible column. It works the same as relevant, but preserves all hidden data.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

The relevant column basically sets everything to null when hidden. Rather than relevant, try the body::esri:visible column. It works the same as relevant, but preserves all hidden data.

ArthurB
New Contributor

Thanks, that sorted out my issue!

0 Kudos