Select to view content in your preferred language

Change single Image to Image Repeat not working

Jump to solution
01-24-2024 11:41 AM
kapalczynski
Regular Contributor

Curious if there was a solution to this....

I am trying to update a S123 for that is consuming a NON-Hosted Feature Class...

• I created a S123 Form and published it. 
  • I then registered a Feature Service in Portal that has the same schema as the form
  • I then updated the Submission URL to point to the Feature Service ID in Portal that points to my SDE Feature Class via Portal. 
  • Republished the Form from S123 Connect.

This works great.... and the SDE data is being updated.

Now the parameters of the project changed and I need Multiple Images not one like the form originally had. 

• So I thought I would just go into the S123 Connect and add a Repeat around the image.  
  • I added the Repeat around the image and tried to Republish

I tried this and got an error ... The Feature Class/ REST Service  should be fine... At Has Attachments Enabled and this

Any thoughts?

kapalczynski_1-1706125228597.png

kapalczynski_0-1706125216922.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kapalczynski
Regular Contributor

Turns out the Start Repeat and End Repeat are not longer needed for multiple images in 3.1 moving forward.

Just set the appearance field value to 'Multiline' 

kapalczynski_1-1706297605613.png

kapalczynski_2-1706297645767.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

You need to add a related table in your SDE table. Adding an image within a repeat like you did actually adds a new table to the Feature Service.

0 Kudos
kapalczynski
Regular Contributor

@abureaux   So in addition to the SDE Feature Class, SDE Table and Relationship Class (created when attachments are enabled) 

I need to create an additional table...

1. Is this on the SDE Feature Class or the Attachment Table?
  2. Is this a geoprocessing tool?
  3. Then Republish the Service?

kapalczynski_0-1706126614829.png

Do I need to add a table and where?  Or do I need to add the SDE table to the mxd and publish?

Confused here.

0 Kudos
kapalczynski
Regular Contributor

Anyone have any idea where and how I create this able @abureaux is talking about

0 Kudos
kapalczynski
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

I'd suggest first publishing the survey on its own and having a look at it on your Portal. That will give you an idea of how your external database will need to be set up.

Because you are adding a repeat, you need a related table in that external database. S123 uses two columns to achieve that: uniquerowid (in the parent) and parentrowid (in the child). One minor note, but the json from submissions show "uniquerowid" whereas the web interface shows "RowID". These are the same thing.:

abureaux_0-1706198872984.png

So, your main table will need uniquerowid, and your new related table will need parentrowid to link back to the main table.

0 Kudos
kapalczynski
Regular Contributor

Turns out the Start Repeat and End Repeat are not longer needed for multiple images in 3.1 moving forward.

Just set the appearance field value to 'Multiline' 

kapalczynski_1-1706297605613.png

kapalczynski_2-1706297645767.png

0 Kudos