Issue showing 'media::image' in a Survey once published

Jump to solution
07-07-2020 11:09 AM
IanPierson
New Contributor II

I have set up a survey that should have two images within the survey itself. Both photos show up in Survey123 Connect, but neither show up when looking at the survey on a device (ipad or phone) once published. Both jpeg files are in the Media folder and match the file name within the media::image section of the survey (thus it shows up in Survey123 Connect). Any suggestions on how to make these show up within the actual survey?

The survey 'guts' are attached.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KaitlynPurcell
Esri Contributor

Hello Ian Pierson

I was able to download your form and add two of my own images to the media folder. Once the Survey was published to ArcGIS Online, I didn't have any issue viewing the photos in the mobile app.

What version of Survey123 Connect and the mobile app are you using? Additionally, what behavior do you see when opening the form once it's published? (ie. blank output where the photo is expected, an error)

I would ensure that the case sensitivity in your form matches for both the file name in your media folder, as well as the file extension (.jpg versus .JPG).

Additionally, have you seen these technical articles?:

Best,

Kaitlyn

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KaitlynPurcell
Esri Contributor

Hello Ian Pierson

I was able to download your form and add two of my own images to the media folder. Once the Survey was published to ArcGIS Online, I didn't have any issue viewing the photos in the mobile app.

What version of Survey123 Connect and the mobile app are you using? Additionally, what behavior do you see when opening the form once it's published? (ie. blank output where the photo is expected, an error)

I would ensure that the case sensitivity in your form matches for both the file name in your media folder, as well as the file extension (.jpg versus .JPG).

Additionally, have you seen these technical articles?:

Best,

Kaitlyn

0 Kudos
IanPierson
New Contributor II

I just got an 'upgrade' to my laptop, so we just installed Connect two weeks ago so I'm pretty sure its the most recent version. As far as the iPad, I checked and there was no pending updates for the app.

When I checked the file names I noticed that I had .jpg and the file was .JPG. Now it works! Thank you so much for your input. I appreciate you time.

HongyiWang
New Contributor

Yeah the case sensitivity also is the cause that images not showing up in my published survey123. But I would say it's a bit frustration that case sensitivity isn't a issue for Connect locally but suddenly becomes an issue after it's published/shared!

0 Kudos