Is there timer-like functionality in Survey123?

Jump to solution
05-22-2017 01:51 PM
Trippetoe
Occasional Contributor III

I am working on survey where users count the number of bike/peds encountered over a two hour period. The two hour period is broken into 8 15-minute segments or sections.  The survey is broken-down into pages where each new page has the same set of "questions" but starting at 0 for all the counts. At the start of each new 15-minute segment we are asking users to move to the next 'page' in the survey. Is there a way to have the survey either pop-up a reminder to go to the next page every 15 mins or to have the survey automatically go to the next page?

And while i have your attention, I'd like to hear additional ideas on how we could craft the survey.  I originally proposed\prototyped a 'repeat' for each 15-minute segment, but the client didn't like that idea. So we have moved on to multi-page version where each 15 minute segment is it's own page (basically a 'wide' data structure with columns like 'count1', count2, and so on rather than a related table structure).

Thank you.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Tom,

We don't have a timer ability or a 'timed sections' as you describe.  

As for the layout, the only other option aside from the two you describe would be to make the 15 minute block the form and then aggregate the results after collection.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JamesTedrick

Hi Tom,

We don't have a timer ability or a 'timed sections' as you describe.  

As for the layout, the only other option aside from the two you describe would be to make the 15 minute block the form and then aggregate the results after collection.

TheresaMulroney1
New Contributor II

We also need a timer on a form, for purging well for a certain amount of time before taking a series of readings on the water. Can you give more information of how to block the form a certain time period?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Theresa,

In my comment above, block is used as 'group of items treated as one thing', not as 'prevent an action'- a group of questions constitutes a block.

0 Kudos