Select to view content in your preferred language

Is there a way to return a user submitted answer based on a selected choice?

Jump to solution
04-22-2024 08:09 AM
BaileyBellavance
New Contributor III

I've been trying to make a survey question in Survey123 Connect where a user inputs their shipping address and then they can check a yes no question to say if their shipping address is the same as the billing address and then based on that answer, pre-populate the billing address questions based on the values of the shipping questions they answered above. I've been trying at this for a few days, but I'm starting to think it's not possible to even return a user submitted answer to another survey question at all, is it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

In the second set of fields you can do if(sameasquestion = yes, field1 value, '')  So it uses it or goes blank.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

In the second set of fields you can do if(sameasquestion = yes, field1 value, '')  So it uses it or goes blank.

BaileyBellavance
New Contributor III

Awesome, that helped, thank you! The issue I'm having now is the user is having to click in the second field for the calculation to actually happen now, I set the calculation mode to always already but it's still needing me to click in the field. 

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Try adding a relevant so it does not display and thus calc until they select yes.

BaileyBellavance
New Contributor III

That was it, thank you so much for your help!