Is there a way to enable the full page map with Read Only GeoPoint?

03-05-2018 08:07 AM
Lim_Shane
New Contributor II

I have a list of survey's that I need the users to complete in a specific order at a specific location.  If the Geopoint field is defined as read only they full page map will not open.  However they need the map to know where to go.  I have also created a hyperlink that would open a webpage or app but once again it does not show if the geopoint field is read only. If the small map could be made bigger by modifing one of the webform or xml  files in the folder I would try that but I am not sure which section to edit. 

Here is my calculation field to get the url.  Once I make the geopoint read only the link is blank. 

concat('<a href="http://maps.google.com/?q=', ${lat} ,' , ', ${long},'">Locations</a>  Go Here')

Any ideas?  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Shane.  It is not possible to make the map bigger in the form as you describe. However, here are some ideas:

• Inbox: You could use the Inbox to present the field user a list of the places that need to be visited for the day. When using the Inbox, the filed user can choose to display destinations either using a list (like a to-do list), or a full-screen map.  When configuring the Inbox you can use predefined queries to better control which destinations will be shown. Our 'Prepare for editing existing survey data' help topic describes how to configure the Inbox in more  detail.
  • Navigator: With or without the Inbox, you can include dynamic links in your form that launch Navigator for ArcGIS. This is essentially the same technique that you are already using to launch Google Maps, but the target app is different.  The Navigator Custom URL Scheme is described here.
Lim_Shane
New Contributor II

We are using the inbox but the map has too many points for them to easily find the next one in the list. I tried the custom URL but without the ability to get the lat and long from the point there is no way for me to send any of the apps to a specific location.

That would work if the geopoint would return the values even when marked read only. 

I did get it to give me the workorderID and was able to search explorer for that so for now that is what I am doing but location would be better. Especially if they have no cell service.

0 Kudos