Is there a formal procedure to rename a Survey123 Survey Form once published?

Jump to solution
11-19-2019 03:58 PM
BenVan_Kesteren1
Occasional Contributor III

So as I am sure is the case with many organisations, we make dozens of iterations of 'testsurvey', then 'testsurvey1', 'testsurvey2' etc.

Once you are happy with your final result and the end user is happy to formalise the form, is there a way for me to rename my 'testsurvey37' so that it is formally renamed in the Survey123Connect etc? Or am I better off trying to make a new form and using the testsurvey37 xls file?

Any ideas?

Note I am using Survey123 Connect for ArcGIS v3.6.137 to create surveys

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Ben,

There is no formal procedure for renaming a survey as it involves multiple parts. There is survey Form item, the Feature service and the Folder. If you want to rename all 3 you can not do this easily without likely breaking something, but it is possible if you update all the itemIds in all the required files.

If you just want to change the title of the survey that the users see in the field app, web app or website, you can simple rename the Title in Connect and re-publish. But this does not change the Folder name and Feature service, or rename the xslx file and other files inside the Form item.

The best way once your survey is final and ready for production, is to create a new survey with the correct and final name, this will create the Folder, Feature Service and Form item all with the same name. To do this you can use your last test survey xlsx file, create a new survey based on existing file (bottom option when using create survey menu) and then give it the new name.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Ben,

There is no formal procedure for renaming a survey as it involves multiple parts. There is survey Form item, the Feature service and the Folder. If you want to rename all 3 you can not do this easily without likely breaking something, but it is possible if you update all the itemIds in all the required files.

If you just want to change the title of the survey that the users see in the field app, web app or website, you can simple rename the Title in Connect and re-publish. But this does not change the Folder name and Feature service, or rename the xslx file and other files inside the Form item.

The best way once your survey is final and ready for production, is to create a new survey with the correct and final name, this will create the Folder, Feature Service and Form item all with the same name. To do this you can use your last test survey xlsx file, create a new survey based on existing file (bottom option when using create survey menu) and then give it the new name.

Regards,

Phil.