Select to view content in your preferred language

Is it possible to autocomplete answers (eg Surveyor Name) based on recent entries?

10-26-2023 02:01 AM
karyn_rosa123
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I have a long form that people need to fill out in an emergency when doing inspections. It would be really handy if the form could autopopulate certain fields based on recent entries to avoid repetition.

For example, a surveyor fills out a damage survey on a building.  They then go to fill out a second survey on another building.  It would be great if when filling out some text fields (such as their name and phone number) the app remembered what they recently entered and they could select that rather than type these out again.  Is this possible? 

Thanks

Tags (1)
2 Replies
AmeWunderle
Regular Contributor

Hi Karyn 

If the surveyors are all members of your staff with agol access, you can use their username to auto populate their name and email with pulldata. If you want to add other information, you can use the username in a csv and pulldata to get phone number and more. 

You can also then make this csv a linked list if its used for several different surveys so that if there are changes to be made, you only have to do this once. 

0 Kudos
karyn_rosa123
Occasional Contributor

Thanks heaps Ame for your reply.  I do have some pull data functions going on and the AGOL user name is pulled through into a hidden field.   But what I am wanting is more the app to remember recently typed answers (and to give them as possible answers that you can select) and then it will populate the field.  It can't be a CSV as it is really more free text answers that I want the app to remember and not something that I can guess to put in a CSV.  Similar to online forms (not survey123) where the form will remember recently types answers.  Thanks 

0 Kudos