Is it possible to auto-populate previous data into current data within a repeat?

Jump to solution
11-30-2017 04:38 PM
BonnieWeller1
New Contributor III

I have a repeat section that records details about a species sighting at a particular location. If this location has multiple sightings, the user has to enter a separate record for each sighting. Under these circumstances, many of the fields would most likely be the same. Is there a way that I can have a yes no question asking if they want to load data from the previous entry, and if Yes, populate some of the fields with this information? It would be a tremendous time saver.

If so, how?

Many thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Bonnie,

Currently Survey123 does not support this.  To implement this feature, the indexed-repeat function will need to be supported, this will allow a repeat to reference another repeat within a form.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
JamesTedrick

Hi Bonnie,

Currently Survey123 does not support this.  To implement this feature, the indexed-repeat function will need to be supported, this will allow a repeat to reference another repeat within a form.

BonnieWeller1
New Contributor III

Bummer, I expect to hear lots of complaints from our field biologists on the absence of this feature. Is it on your to-do list? If so, what is the estimated time for implementation?

Thanks for responding. I appreciate it.

Bonnie Weller, GIS Analyst

Data and Technology Services

Nevada Department of Wildlife

6980 Sierra Center Parkway, Ste. 120

Reno, Nevada 89511

(775) 688-1439

bweller@ndow.org<mailto:bweller@ndow.org>

Support Nevada’s Wildlife…Buy a Hunting and Fishing License

State of Nevada Confidentiality Disclaimer: This message is intended only for the named recipient. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

JamesTedrick

Hi Bonnie,

Yes, it is on the enhancement list, though we don't have a solid timeline for implementing this feature.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

This would be a great feature, any updates on implementation? 

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

id love to see this feature as well.

thank you

LauraGreen
New Contributor

Hi James,

I was just wondering if there has been any progress with the index-repeat function? I'm trying to pull entries from an earlier repeat, but I'm struggling to find a way to make this work. 

Thanks

NathanDulfon
New Contributor III

Hello James,

I too am trying to prepopulate species names from a previous repeat into the next repeat....

I am trying to build a survey that is used to collect plant cover by species with frames along transects... so there are a lot of repeats in the form... I would like to drag species names from the first frame or transect to the rest of the repeated sections... 

Is this possible?

And thank you for all your support...

JamesTedrick

Hi Nathan,

This is currently not possible to do with Survey123.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

James,

what is the max character length we can use in the url submission in passing data from Collector to Survey123? I am trying to pass through ~60k characters, but it always breaks down. when I pare that down to 5 or 6 questions (~1800 characters), the data goes through just fine.

thank you

0 Kudos