Is anyone else having an issue uploading TIFF files using Survey123?

11-04-2020 05:33 PM
MarthaRodgers
New Contributor III

I recently tried adding a TIFF image to my survey and it is not working.  JPG's and PNG's work fine.  See attached.  It shows a placeholder but no image.

Example of TIFF image

This is happening in all surveys I'm working with.  Also, I designed them using CONNECT.

If this continues to be an issue, is there a way to limit the user from trying to add a TIFF image?  Using Constraint or something else?

Thank you!

Martha

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Ruth_JiatengXu
Esri Contributor

Hi Martha,

Thank you for sharing, and I will log a bug for the tiff file preview issue.

If you want to avoid the .tiff submission, try adding regex(., '!.tiff$') in the constraint field. Then when a .tiff file is added, the constraint_message will show, and the submission will be prevented.

Thanks,

Ruth

MarthaRodgers
New Contributor III

Thank you Ruth!

0 Kudos
MarthaRodgers
New Contributor III

Update on the REGEX.   I tried your version Ruth and it actually wouldn't allow anything now, including .png and jpg, so after some research I found this regex to work:

regex(.,’^((?!tif).)*$’)

Hopefully the bug is squashed soon and I can remove it. 

One other item, in the web browser the constraint message is not appearing after an incorrect input here.

Thanks again!

Martha

0 Kudos
Ruth_JiatengXu
Esri Contributor

Hi Martha,

We will try to address this issue in the next few releases, and I will reply to this post with any updates.

For the constraint message, did you also set the constraint_message in the XLSform? If yes, then I will need more information to identify the issue, a screenshot like the screenshot I posted above would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Ruth

0 Kudos
MarthaRodgers
New Contributor III

Hi Ruth, yes I did put in a constraint message in the xlsx form.   I tried to recreate it, and it seems to work now on my "typical survey".  The one I am inserting into Experience Builder however still doesn't work.... (even when I open directly from Survey123, it does not display the constraint message)

Here are the screenshots...

Thank you!

Martha

0 Kudos
Ruth_JiatengXu
Esri Contributor

Hi Martha,

Thanks for the screenshot, the "This is a required question" is shown because the question is a required question. When the input does not meet the constraint, it also does not meet the required constraint, so the "This is a required question" which has a higher priority shows.

One workaround method here, maybe you can set the required_mssage as well in the XLSform. Hope this works for you!

Thanks,

Ruth

0 Kudos