Invalid token : error 498

08-20-2018 12:57 PM
NusratFatema1
New Contributor III

HI,

I am trying to use an existing  feature service to create my survey. We published the feature layer but I get 'invalid token error :498 whenever I am trying to create a survey from that feature service. Need Help please.

Thank You

Nusrat

Customer Number : 175

Tags (1)
22 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Nusrat,

This error indicates that you need to log out and log in again.

NusratFatema1
New Contributor III

Thank You James. I did , but it still giving me the same 'invalid token'.

Nusrat

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Are you using version 3.0?  While this specific symptom was not reported, this may be possibly related to a bug we introduced in 3.0 and have since fixed with a hotfix update.  Can you look at the directions at https://community.esri.com/thread/217614-cant-sign-in-with-survey123#comment-783757 to clear out your Windows credentials?

NusratFatema1
New Contributor III

James,

I didn't have  version 3.0 in my pc when I encountered the issue . I do have a version  3.0.138 now. and it is still not allowing me to select the feature service to create a survey.

Thank You

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Can you provide more details about how the service is set up?  Can you add it successfully to the Map Viewer in your ArcGIS Online/ArcGIS Enterprise setup? Is the service a hosted service in your organization, on a federated server, or a stand alone server?

0 Kudos
NusratFatema1
New Contributor III

Hi James,

we do not have a Federated server. We are publishing services from a standalone server. We do not currently have portal deployed. We are able to open it in AGOL.  But When ever I am trying to use the service in survey123 to create the survey its giving me the error.

I can share the link  to the service if you would like to take a look .

Thank You.

#Thomas  Jeanquart #Gelcys Nielsen.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Nusrat,

Is the service secure or shared to everyone?  If secured, did you include the username/password in the item details to make a proxied service (refer tohttps://support.esri.com/en/Technical-Article/000014793 )?

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello James,

I am having the same problem. I do not understand what you mean by "include the username/password in the item details to make a proxied service" and I do not see anything about that in the technical article you referenced. I created a service in ArcGIS Server from an SDE feature class that was not registered as version, had global Ids, and was archive enabled. I went to AGOL and added it as an item from the web using the rest endpoint. I am able to view the service in the map viewer on AGOL. The service shows up when I search for it when creating a new survey from a Feature Service in Survey123 Connect. But when I try to create a survey from it I get Error Code 498. Please let me know what it is I am doing wrong. Thank you.

JamesTedrick

Hi Joshua,

The Details with regard to the username/password are in the numbered area in the article (emphasis mine):

2. In your ArcGIS organization, browse to My Contents, select Add Item and choose From Web.
3. Paste the URL of the service.
4. Enter the credentials and save the item.

5. Browse to the Details page of this new service. At the bottom of this page is a URL. Copy this URL to prepare to add to the survey. The URL looks similar to this:
http://utility.arcgis.com/usrsvcs/servers/46b45aab7e88467eb6aed77b95afc8ba/rest/services/PointInspec...

Can I ask you to start Survey123 Connect, click on the gear icon, select the 'Diagnostics' tab, and start a log file?  Then attempt to create the survey, get the error message and forward the log file to me (jtedrick AT Esri.com) - this would allow me to understand what is occurring.