Instance name for surveys

12-06-2018 09:19 AM
KerrHewin
New Contributor II

Hello,

Is it possible to have the instance name of my surveys be the object id that is automatically generated? If yes, can you explicitly state how this would be achieved using connect. (The instance name documentation doesn't seem to speak to this directly). If no, is it possible to query the inbox using object id?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Kerr Hewin‌, currently it is not possible to use objectid in your survey. The ability to retrieve objectid (and other non-editable fields) from an existing feature service and make these available in a survey form has been raised as an enhancement. I'll add your comments to our internal enhancement request and update this thread if/when info becomes available.

Thanks, Jim

0 Kudos
CesarAvila
New Contributor II

Hi @Jim-Moore.

Is this enhancement still on the development side? Really like to use the object id in the instance name, need to show that to the users in the inbox folder on Survey123 field app. 

0 Kudos
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @CesarAvila perhaps this workaround suggested by @MJBiazar would be of use? Essentially, you can add an integer question named objectid (or other name of the layer's object ID field), make it read-only, and set its bind::esri:fieldType to null. This should allow the object ID to be displayed in the form (and the instance name) for records opened from the inbox.

cc: @KerrHewin 

MajidAlabrawi1
New Contributor III

hi @Jim-Moore , 

can i know how to reach the point you mentioned 
i already have objectid as intejer and bind::esri:fieldType to null but when refresh the inbox i am getting error 

0 Kudos
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @MajidAlabrawi1 

What is the error you're receiving? Does the name of the object ID question in your survey match the object ID field in the feature layer?

0 Kudos
MajidAlabrawi1
New Contributor III

hi @Jim-Moore , 

the object id works in inbox but there is some object id does not show in inbox , 

0 Kudos
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @MajidAlabrawi1 

Is there a WHERE filter on the inbox that might be omitting some records?

Is the Sent folder also enabled for the survey? If so, are there records in the Sent folder? Survey records can only exist in one of these folders at a time - check the Sent folder to see if the records you're expecting to see are in there.

0 Kudos