Installed new apps Survey123 3.3.64 and Connect 3.3.51 does not display correctly.

Jump to solution
02-27-2019 09:25 AM
RyanDeBruyn1
New Contributor III

Installed the new 3.3.x versions available for download 2/26 - 2/27.   Having issues viewing the apps.  Missing spacing and header toolbar icons, titles etc....details.  Can't login with icon.  Is this just me?

from: Survey123 for ArcGIS Resources | Downloads, Training, Videos & Documentation 

system

Dell XPS13 

Windows 10 

19 Replies
RyanDeBruyn1
New Contributor III

My system does meet the rest of the requirements...and am up to date with windows.  Graphic drivers a possibility??  but that seems complex and slightly risky at this time in the night.

I was able to install the latest on a surface pro 4 (Windows 10 Enterprise) and i did not see the issue I speak of (not a solution as I do not have full access to this).  One think I noticed was the sign in UI was a bit different than I am used to seeing on my desktop.  Does that mean anything to you?  Should I expect the newer 3.3 version have a different UI  experience and I should expect that on my desktop?

Thanks again and apologize for the spam.  Maybe this will help anyone else that is seeing similar.

-Ryan

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Ryan,

The graphics driver will likely be the issue, need to test after it has been updated, and also ensure it is supported. Can you send the driver details and make/model of the graphics card?

As for the sign-in UI in the app, that should be the same with 3.3 on all devices, can you send a screenshot if you are seeing something different (both devices)? Are you connecting to AGO or a Portal?

Phil.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the additional screenshots. Let me know once you have checked for graphics driver updates and any other outstanding system.windows updates, and also tested out using the different rendering engine options of opengl and angle from command line.

Phil.

0 Kudos
RyanDeBruyn1
New Contributor III

Tested renderingEngine parameter from command line showed no difference.

I think I am good with system updates and graphic cards based on diagnostics.  Attached graphics if it helps any.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

On the Intel HD Graphics 620 website it shows there is a new graphics driver as of the 25 Feb 2019 for Windows 10: Support for Intel® HD Graphics 620 

Scroll to the bottom of that page and you should wee the following:

If you go into the Device Manager on your laptop, then to the Display Adapters section, you should be able to see the exact version installed on the Drivers tab of the Intel HD Graphics 620. This is mine below for the 520 version, which is outdated now by a few months. Try updating from this device driver page, if not manually download the update from the Intel website and install:

Hope this helps and works.

Phil.

RyanDeBruyn1
New Contributor III

IT WORKED!! Thanks Philip Wilson  for the additional help and not giving up on me.  Hopefully this can help others too...    

Updating the display driver through the device manager solved the issue.  The auto update didn't load the most recent version from the website (v25) but did update from v 21.x to v 23.x and this was enough to fix my display issues reported.

Thanks for your time and efforts!   Greatly appreciated and this is good info to know moving forward.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Ryan,

Great to hear updating the graphics card drivers worked and that you can now continue using the latest Survey123 version without any issues. We have seen a lot more also with apps on Windows that they require the latest OpenGL drivers to display properly, so having it updated now will help Survey123 but possible other apps you may use or want to use in the future.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
ShelleySchott
Esri Contributor

Thank you so much for sharing this tip about the graphics card.

Shelley Schott
Senior Consultant, Esri Australia
cafemsmith
New Contributor

Hello,

Any idea where I can download the resource of Survey123 connect version 3.3 or later, 

Thanks you

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @cafemsmith,

You can download the latest Survey123 Connect and field app builds from the Survey123 Resources page. Previous version are not available for download, only the latest:

https://www.esri.com/en-us/arcgis/products/arcgis-survey123/resources

You can also install the latest versions directly from the Microsoft Store, without the need to install downloaded exes.

Do you need 3.3 in particular or just latest 3.12 release?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos