Input Mask on WebForm?

Jump to solution
10-23-2017 06:41 PM
FinnianO_Connor
Occasional Contributor II

I have an input mask (9999/99/99) for a text field. This works when the survey is opened on the field app, however when entering data via a web browser any input is allowed. Is this expected behaviour or should the input mask be honoured through the WebForm?

Thanks,

Finnian

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Finnian,

Currently the webform does not support the Input Mask - we are planning to support that in a future release.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
JamesTedrick

Hi Finnian,

Currently the webform does not support the Input Mask - we are planning to support that in a future release.

FinnianO_Connor
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks for the information James

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi James Tedrick

Is there an update on the implementation of this feature?

Thanks,

Gee

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Gee,

There hasn't been an update.  What type of text are you looking to support with a mask?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Currently using it for - Post codes and Phone numbers.

And at the moment I'm using regular expressions within constraints to get around this issue.

But, I still prefer input masks - as it doesn't allow users to type incorrect characters in the first place.

Gee

GrantHopkins1
New Contributor III

Hi James,

Has this been implemented yet? If not, is there somewhere that we can vote for it? It's a bit silly when I have a survey on the field app that shows a mask but if staff need to use the web interface, the mask isn't there.

Thanks,

Grant

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Grant,

This has not been implemented yet.

0 Kudos
WilliamWalsh1
New Contributor II

Hello James, just wanted to check in and see if this has been implemented as of April 2020.  I need to use a text field to require a 12 digit number (integer limits input to 9 digits) with a preceding 4000, looking something like this 4000DDDDDDDD (D of course representing a 'digit'). If masks have not been added to the webform is there a possible constraint work around, Regex?

0 Kudos
neiden
by
New Contributor III

I also ran into this today. I'm developing a survey that will be accessed only via the web, and couldn't figure out why the input masks weren't showing.

I need input masks for phone number, and license number. I'll look into regular expressions.