INFO file does not retain modifications

01-13-2016 09:51 AM
CraigCarsley
Occasional Contributor II

Goal: Use a tile package as an offline basemap. (Tile package is already loaded to Survey123 on iPad 2)

Tried: Adding the following snippet to INFO file

{
     "displayInfo": {
       "map": {
         "mapTypes": {
            "append": false,
            "includeLibrary": true,
            "mapSources": [
               {
                 "url": "http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=221a6aab56804a988a94ec9f82a063e7",
                 "storeInMapLibrary": false
               },
               {
                 "url": "http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=4497b7bb42e543b691027840d1b9092a",
               }
           ]
         }
       }
     }
   }

Problem: INFO file resets to default whenever I try publishing the survey.  I don't think the "append": true parameter is being published along with the survey.

Question: Is this an issue with Beta, or have I missed a step?*

*Note: I see there is a pending app update set for release next week (01/18/16) and will plan to see if anything changes.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
26 Replies
HannahFerrier
Occasional Contributor III

Please try this sample instead:

{
   "displayInfo": {
   "map": {
   "mapTypes": {
   "append": false,
   "includeLibrary": false,
   "mapSources": [
   {
   "name": "Imagery Basemap",
   "url": "http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=4497b7bb42e543b691027840d1b9092a",
   "storeInMapLibrary": false
   }
   ]
   }
   }
   }
}

0 Kudos
BrittneyGibbons
New Contributor III

Hi Hannah,

Thanks very much again for your reply. It seems that this is very close to a solution - I was able to add this code to the info file and retain the changes. However, the tile package does not appear in the list of maps for the survey. If I link to the tile layer instead of the tile package, the map does appear in the list of map options but nothing is displayed in the actual map (it is just a grey box). I have set the home location and zoom levels to appropriate values, but am still not able to view my data.

Thank you,

Brittney

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Brittney, I had the same problem that my data would not be visible. This was caused by missing levels of details when creating the map package. I had to set it to the whole range of 20 levels to make my data visible. Maybe that helps?

0 Kudos
KyttMacManus
New Contributor II

I am experiencing the same problem.  My use case is for a survey123 field application which will require offline access to a .tpk  

There are many possible 1/2 degree tpks with high resolution imagery.  The user will need to download the tile they need and copy to the appropriate directory on their device.  When I try to follow the directions here Prepare basemaps for offline use—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS  under the "Copy your tile package directly to your device" heading, no luck.

Like others, when I modify the .info JSON it continues to be overwritten when republished.  I see some others have gotten closer by linking to a tile layer, but that will not support my use case.

Any help is much appreciated.

Kind regards

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Did you ever get this working?  Zero luck here either. 

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Doug,

Just to check, is Survey123 Connect active on the form when you attempt to modify the .info file?  That will prevent edits from other applications to be made on .info file.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Turned out to be the 2GB limit - that is why it would not show.  It was a TPK file.