Goal: Use a tile package as an offline basemap. (Tile package is already loaded to Survey123 on iPad 2)
Tried: Adding the following snippet to INFO file
Problem: INFO file resets to default whenever I try publishing the survey. I don't think the "append": true parameter is being published along with the survey.
Question: Is this an issue with Beta, or have I missed a step?*
*Note: I see there is a pending app update set for release next week (01/18/16) and will plan to see if anything changes.
Let's try this method then:
1. Upload your tile package to ArcGIS Online My Content (uncheck the option to publish)
2. Copy the URL (For example: http://ess.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=ec54ab5ca97a441d9482292694989101 )
3. Open the .info file and delete everything and paste your code here. Make sure that you add the URL of your own tile package here. The code should look like this:
4. Save the file and publish your service.
5. On the iPad, downlaod your survey, and open it.
6. Click the menu and Download Maps
7. You will see your tile package listed here for download.
8 When you click Collect, the map will be loaded for you.
9. Just for your reference. After you publish the survey, the info file will look like this. The second URL is the feature service.
I have uploaded TPKs up to 70GB to AGO. You just need to use the Share Package tool.
But no you do not have to upload anything if you have another way to get them on the tablet. We use a 3rd party app that already had 30gb and 70+ tpk files sitting on our tablet SD Card. All I did was give Survey123 the directory on the sd card and all my TPKs appeared.
I use Android so it may be different. On the main screen in Survey123 app there is a menu button at the top right. In there use Settings. Then at the bottom there is a section Map Library Folder.
I am also experiencing a similar problem when trying to edit the info file. I add the lines to the file, but once I publish the survey, the info file is overwritten. I have been able to successfully load the tile packages directly to the device, but it would be helpful to be able to use the shared data available online.
Please check that your JSON is valid. I use an online JSON Validator to make sure my syntax is all good.
The .info file will keep overwriting itself if your JSON is invalid.
Thanks very much for the quick response. I ran the code through JSONLint and no errors were found. I also tried using the sample code below with the same results:
(from the post Prepare basemaps for offline use )