Incompatible geometry types: esriGeometryPolyline! = esriGeometryPoint

12-02-2019 01:03 PM
ScottDeNeice
New Contributor

I have 2 forms set up.  1 for a Polygon feature layer with a related Point feature layer. That survey123 form publishes with no issues.  The other form is Polyline feature layer with a related Point feature layer. This service gives the error.

Both forms point to separate feature services which have the Polygon/Point and PolylinePoint respectively.  I can see no difference as to how the services or forms are set up, but cannot get the Polyline service to publish.

The workflow is for field person to walk or draw a perimeter (polygon) or line(like a creek or fence) for the line feature, but to have photos that are related to the feature be at the spot of the photo, vs, click anywhere on a line or polygon.  As I said, the Polygon/Point publishes, but the Polyline/Point  fails on the error above.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Scott,

I would be helpful if you could attach or provide directly via e-mail (jtedrick AT Esri.com) the form and feature service information that is experiencing the issue.  From the error message, it sounds like the form is possibly 'pointed' at the wrong layer in the feature service.

0 Kudos
ScottDeNeice
New Contributor

Here is the form.  The feature service is referenced in the form, but I will probably need to share the service for you to see it, as it is still in testing, and, therefore, in my content.

0 Kudos
KeikoOhtake-Gordon
New Contributor II

For anyone else experiencing this issue, I was able to get it to work by removing the link in the submission url column of the "settings" sheet. 

0 Kudos