Select to view content in your preferred language

Inbox - Sorting List does not sort Map

04-25-2022 08:59 AM
TLandrum
Occasional Contributor

I have a survey where multiple surveys are submitted at the exact same location. If I sort the List by Newest and then flip over to the Map, the icons are not displayed in the same order. In the attached images, you can see that the Newest survey is "Closed" but when I flip over to the Map, the top one is "Open". I would like for the layering of the map icons to be in the same order as the List.

This isn't just for Open or Closed either. If the Sort Order was changed to Ascending (by ID), I also want the Map icons to be drawn in ascending order. Is this possible?

Inbox.JPGInbox_Map.JPG

0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @TLandrum,

The sort order options in the List view do not apply to the Map view. This is why you do not see any difference if you sort the list different ways, the map will still render and draw the points in the same default order. 

If this is something you would like to see in a future release, I would suggest raising an enhancement with Esri Support, or creating an ArcGIS Idea on the Survey123 Ideas page in Esri Community. This way other can also vote for this enhancement or attach their account to the support case.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos