Inbox query expressions with multiple_select

10-01-2020 12:40 PM
JordanMiller4
Occasional Contributor III

Is there's a way to setup inbox to read the choices? 

I know with a single selection we are able to use field=${username} but when you add more like   "person1, person2 , person3"

it's unable to read. 

In ArcMap I've used this WORKORDERID LIKE '%20161008%' becuase it's able to find that string but

LIKE '%${username}%' doesn't seem to be a valid expression for the inbox. I'll provide an example form below. To get a single selection to show in your inbox, add your login username in the choice tab. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jordan Miller

A possible workaround for this could be to split the selected workers out into separate fields and then use an OR expression for the Inbox. In the attached example, the worker choice list contains the username for each worker. The hidden questions store each selected choice using the selected-at() function (note that this is zero-indexed). I've added a constraint (optional) to limit the number of choices for the select_mutliple question to three using the count-selected() function.

The WHERE expression for the inbox could then be:

worker1=${username} OR worker2=${username} OR worker3=${username}

Hope this is useful. Please see more info on WHERE expressions here Prepare for editing existing survey data—ArcGIS Survey123 | Documentation.

Best,

Jim

0 Kudos