Select to view content in your preferred language

IE Browser Compatability and Geopoint Calculation with Public Surveys made in Connect

05-17-2017 08:16 AM
KevinDunkin1
New Contributor III

I am making an alarm registration form in connect, publishing to AGOL, sharing it with everyone, and using the web address in Connect through "Open in Survey123 Web App" for citizens to fill out and submit. I am testing and finding that my form does not display in internet explorer 11.00.9600.18666. This System requirements—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS says it should be fine but has anyone experienced this issue? The form attempts to load but eventually I receive a "arcgis.com is not responding due to a long-running script" and when I stop the script (an option in the pop up box) the form appears but is not complete. Drop downs are missing for example.

Also I am trying to calculate a geopoint for the form by following this blog: https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2016/06/08/calculations-on-geopoints and have success in the Connect form preview but when viewing in chrome\firefox (because IE does not work) the calculate does not work and when I submit the form it highlights the geopoint box as needing to be answered. I have it marked as read only and NOT required just as in the blog post. Any ideas on the issue?

Another note- I have a calculation that displays fine in the connect form preview but not completely correct in the Survey123 Web App link.

Here is the calculation: if(${Confirm_email}=${Email}, ${Confirm_email}, '<font color="red">Submitted Emails do not match! Please review your email address!</font>')

Here is the result in the browser:

this isn't a problem until the calculation returns a false and the gray box displays the "<font color="red......" and then below that is the correct display.

Any help on any of these will be appreciated!!

0 Kudos
18 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Kevin,

If you're calculating a geopoint, are you making use of large choice lists?  This is probably where you're seeing the script 'freeze' (it's looping throng a lot of choices).

0 Kudos
KevinDunkin1
New Contributor III

The long-running script error in IE is unrelated to the geopoint calculation and it seems is more related to simply having large choice lists. I truncated much of the lists for testing purposes and it loads very slowly in IE. This is not helpful however because I need all of my original choices. However, I also noticed differences in the way the forms behave in different browsers, for instance autocomplete boxes work in IE while they are not functioning in Chrome.

The calculated geopoint still does not work in browsers even when calculating from a list of only 2 options. You cannot submit with a calculated geopoint in publicly shared forms answered in a browser page.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Kevin,

Can you share the XLSForm?  Here's an example that works: https://survey123.arcgis.com/webclient/cf44ffb345964aa88d402bda7084a50c Valid station id values are a 5 digit number beginning with '3' (file attached).

Also, I'm a little puzzled by your statement that autocomplete is not working in Chrome- again, on the form above, it works correctly for me

0 Kudos
KevinDunkin1
New Contributor III

Sure here also is the link to the form https://survey123.arcgis.com/webclient/6635fe7a81034980a5dd3742a5b1d6f7 

The autocomplete in mine is for the street input.

I reviewed your form and looks like it calculates slightly different format from this blog as well https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2016/06/08/calculations-on-geopoints. I might have to be utilizing the pulldata function and rework my lists?

0 Kudos
KevinDunkin1
New Contributor III

I should mention that for my testing purposes I only allowed one input to properly calculate the geopoint as you will notice. 3 ABBEY LN.

Appreciate any feeback!

0 Kudos
KevinDunkin1
New Contributor III

I've now modeled my form in light of what you have shown here as working and I am still having difficulties. I upload to AGOL but when I go to "Open in Survey123 web app" it says that there is no csv for the pulldata function. Specifically the error is: FormLogicError: instance "itemsets" does not exist in model.

I have deleted the folder and the iteminfo file and republished with the same results.

In the Connect for preview everything works fine. Where\how does the csv data get uploaded?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Kevin,

I've working with your Excel file and it looks like there are a set of issues that are causing the problems you've identified. I'm still working to isolate them.

KevinDunkin1
New Contributor III

Are there known limitations to the lists\browsers\geopoints\calculations that I may have missed somewhere? Can you direct me to additional documents, my understanding was I should have been ok in both versions of my xlsx, especially after remodelling from your working example.

0 Kudos
KevinDunkin1
New Contributor III

I've gotten rid of any select_external questions and external selects sheet and moved it to a csv in the media folder. It now references fine, however the underlying issues I have been experiencing and still am seem to be more related to the calculations. No matter the different set ups to limit location to known addresses and calculate geopoints, the calculations associated are not working. Either pulldata, external selects, or otherwise. You can see here that it is still unsuccessful at calculating the address or cross referenced calculate field. Again all of these have worked in the form preview in Connect, none have worked in the browser as publicly shared forms. If all these scenarios were solely related to the size of the lists wouldn't have the pulldata function resolved this since it is not being loaded directly into the form but is only being referenced? It seems lists can't be more than about 450 records long according to your sample here James and my trial and errors of shortening the lists until browsers loaded the form.

0 Kudos