Select to view content in your preferred language

I have trouble setting up the relationship tables for nested repeat

Jump to solution
06-05-2019 01:50 PM
YukoYokozawa
Occasional Contributor

I'm testing nested repeat using feature service I created in a geodatabase. I made three layers of repeat, and the last repeat will upload images with some notes. It's Survey-Site-Grid-Image structure. I created three related tables (site, grid and image tables) and I enable attachment to only the image table. The "Enable Attachment" created one more table and relationship class. I also created the relationship class for each table (except the last attachment table because the relationship was already created.) When I published the dataset, I added the feature layer, site table, grid table, image table, and the attachment table into the map, then published them.

I created a form from the dataset using Survey123 connect, and edit the XLS. I tried not to touch too much, so I edited only the labels and added "query=1=1 allowUpdates=True" to the bind::saveincomplete field for the begin repeat rows. Then published the form. It published successfully.

I downloaded the form into my field app (Windows version installed into my PC), and filled the survey, then submit. The problem is the submit never complete. The submission got stack with this message below. The table name is the image table in the dataset. I had no problem publishing the form, so I'm guessing I made a mistake during setting up the related tables especially for the image table. Or I shouldn't include the attachment table to the dataset?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
12 Replies
RogerFarmer1
Occasional Contributor

Yes, I do concur with the solution. I wasn't aware of the 'not null' part.

Screenshots not my own.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

This may go back to a "bug" I posted a few months ago showing that 123 is not properly creating the relationship classes.  No one responded to my post at all though.  

It is for sure wrong.

The red circle shows a 123 Relationship class with the name missing.

The blue circle shows my own Relationship class with the name filled on properly.

Will you ever be fixing this guys?  Its been in there since v1 I think.  It makes these really hard to use in a web map.  You cannot even leave it blank when creating so not sure how this happens.

thanks

YukoYokozawa
Occasional Contributor

The solution worked! My survey form works just fine now.

Thanks for the screenshots, I made the setting just like that.

0 Kudos