Select to view content in your preferred language

How to update text onchange of another text input

Jump to solution
08-20-2023 12:59 AM
AMostafaH
New Contributor II

My business need requires to update the note text box with the same value the user entered in the message text box while typing.

I'm trying to do it, but in vain.

thanks in advance.

.Snap 2023-08-20 at 10.49.00.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IssyAmis
Esri Contributor

Hi @AMostafaH,

Thank you for your question, are you using the Survey123 web designer or Survey123 Connect?

In the web designer, you can do this by using the "calculation" tool when editing your note question. You can select "String" and populate the text box with a previous answer. See my example below:

IssyAmis_0-1692635702716.png

In survey123 Connect, you can use the expression "concat(${message})" in the "Calculate" column of your "note" field. Making sure to replace "message" with the correct field name. 

Do let me know if this answers your question or if you would like me to clarify anything further.

Many thanks,

Issy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
IssyAmis
Esri Contributor

Hi @AMostafaH,

Thank you for your question, are you using the Survey123 web designer or Survey123 Connect?

In the web designer, you can do this by using the "calculation" tool when editing your note question. You can select "String" and populate the text box with a previous answer. See my example below:

IssyAmis_0-1692635702716.png

In survey123 Connect, you can use the expression "concat(${message})" in the "Calculate" column of your "note" field. Making sure to replace "message" with the correct field name. 

Do let me know if this answers your question or if you would like me to clarify anything further.

Many thanks,

Issy

0 Kudos