Select to view content in your preferred language

How to edit a survey so that fields are not exposed at the REST End Point

02-26-2024 10:21 AM
wwwl_singlis
New Contributor

Hi I have a survey that was created several years ago in Survey 123 Connect in Enterprise not AGOL. The issue is the form that the public see has questions like name and other details but we don't want this data exposed to the public ie. REST End Point. Do I need to republish the survey so that these fields wont be exposed at the back end or can you provide advice on how to hide them from others to see. I thought about hidden fields but obviously want the user of the form to see and answer that question.

Cheers,

Sarah

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlexanderDanielPratama
Esri Contributor

I think hidden fields won't solve your problem. The rest service (Feature Service) is always synced with the base table in the database. Since your rest service is public, I am afraid it cannot be expected as you want. 

I am thinking about a table view or query layer. However, it only solves as the service will be used in the Dashboard not in Survey123 because Survey123 uses Feature Service (editable)

Another pain-alternative or long-term solution is you need to design and create ETL system in the backend. 

Hope, this helps address your thought.

Cheers

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

You need to use a View to safety hide the fields you don't want people to see.

The S123 website also has a link:

abureaux_0-1709048607055.png