Select to view content in your preferred language

Is it Possible to split responses in Survey123 into separate layers for AGOL Map Viewer

Jump to solution
02-27-2024 07:07 AM
ChaceH
by
New Contributor

I've searched high and low for this answer but can't find anything that quite fits what I'm looking for.... I created a trail condition survey in Survey123 Connect and would like to split the results into separate layers depending on the feature type. For example, I have 3 feature classes in the survey: Visitor use, Trail infrastructure, and Trail Damage.

Whichever one is selected opens a new set of questions based on the feature (e.g., if they select "Visitor Use Feature" it opens questions about what type; scenic overlook, trail marker, bench, etc. and its condition). When I view the corresponding map in AGOL's Map Viewer, all the results are combined into a single layer. Is there any way to design it so that each of the 3 feature classes show up in AGOL as a different layer?

Reasoning: if maintenance wants to conduct trail repairs, they can hide the layers they aren't interested in and focus on just the trail damage. Or, if visitor services want to see which trails have scenic overlooks, they can turn off the damage and infrastructure layers to focus on just visitor use features.

I know how to make each one show as a different symbol in map viewer, but it becomes very cluttered with everything combined. I'd rather not make 3 separate surveys if I can avoid it. Many people who submit the surveys are volunteers who are not tech savvy- I'd like to keep it as simple on their end as possible. Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

I think you'd be looking for Feature Layer Views.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

I think you'd be looking for Feature Layer Views.

ChaceH
by
New Contributor

That'll essentially function for what I need, thanks!

0 Kudos
clt_cabq
Occasional Contributor III

creating views is a good approach but you can also simply copy/duplicate each layer in your map and apply a filter to show only those feature types you want in any given layer.