Select to view content in your preferred language

how to delete a record in a repeat of Survey123

02-19-2020 12:19 PM
WayneHeikkinen
New Contributor

I have created a survey related to structures and occupants.  The Occupant portion of the survey is a repeat that needs to be updated.  When creating a totally new record (structure + occupants) the delete button exists in the Occupant repeat.

After submitting the entire record, then refreshing the surveys to a device with the intent of updating the Occupant repeat, the Delete button is no longer there.

Is there a design setting I am missing to allow the deletion when updating?

Tags (1)
13 Replies
BryanWright
New Contributor III

Thanks Phil.  I was almost able to make the ArcGIS Pro route work.  I got to the last step to delete the empty record but it turns out I have a Basic license and a Standard or Advanced is required. I'm looking into upgrading now...

sFitzgerald_traisr
New Contributor

@Anonymous User  Giving this a bump in 2023 to see if there is any new feature allowing a user to delete a record from a repeater in the app, without having to use ArcGIS Pro? If not, is there a reason this feature is being withheld from the app? It would be very useful. Thank you.

BRENNEJM
New Contributor III

I'm definitely interested in this as well. There's already "AllowAdds". It doesn't seem like it would be difficult to include "AllowDeletes".

0 Kudos
SMH-Rio
Occasional Contributor

What's strangest to me is that editing records via the Web App is allowed, but in the Field App, it's not. Including this option in Field App would be essential for many workflows (mine and others)

0 Kudos