How to create a single choice grid table structure

09-10-2020 11:05 PM
Mondi_GIS
Occasional Contributor

Hi there

I have a survey where i need to set up a question where the answers are given on a scale of 0, 1 or 2. Or from easy to moderately easy to hard to impossible. The first type that i need to display looks like this:

I know i need to use the table-list option is the appearance column and use a "select_one type, but i do not know how to associate my select_one questions to the choice list of 1, 2 and 3

The second one i need to convert to Survey123 is:

Could someone please give me some assistance. I am not too sure how to set these up

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Admin Admin

The table-list appearance displays a series of select_one questions in a choice grid. The select_one questions must be contained in a group, and all of the select_one questions must use the same choice list. To use the table-list appearance, set the appearance for the begin group question to table-list. Please see a demo survey attached. Please find more info on the table-list appearance here: Appearance—ArcGIS Survey123 | Documentation.

For the second question you could use the select_multiple question type. With this question type the respondent can select any choices that apply. Note that selected choices are stored in one field as a comma-separated string. If you wish to save the choices in separate fields you could use the technique described in this blog post https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2017/08/30/understanding-multiple-choice-questions-... (see the "Controlling how user selections are stored in ArcGIS" section). There are also several appearances that apply to select_multiple questions. Please see Appearance—ArcGIS Survey123 | Documentation for more information.

An alternative is to use table-list with a yes/no choice list (also demonstrated in the attached survey).

Best,
Jim

Mondi_GIS
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Jim. This helped a lot