How export data from a non-hosted feature layer in Portal for ArcGIS/ArcGIS Online

12-28-2022 08:16 AM
TelmaFernandes2
New Contributor II

Hello everyone,

I would like to know if there are any limitations for exporting data to csv from a non-hosted layer from ArcGIS Online or Portal. I have published a map service for ArcGIS Server non-federated, hosted the service on Portal as a item and created a form from that service. I am trying to export the data to csv but it tells me that it is not allowed for non-hosted layers.
In the service publication I enabled the Extract option.
Does anyone have any idea how to get around it?

3 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You will not be able to export data in ArcGIS Online/ ArcGIS Enterprise Portal if the layer is not published as a hosted feature layer.

Problem: The Export Data option is unavailable in ArcGIS Online

If you have ArcGIS Pro, you may add the desired layer inside the map service (e.g. https://sampleserver6.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/services/Census/MapServer/3) to ArcGIS Pro Map View (Add Data > Data from Path). Then use Geoprocessing tool like Feature Class to Feature Class or Copy Features to export the layer to a new Feature Class.

Note: The Server may time-out if the GP tool takes too much time to export the data (for exporting huge datasets).

Think Location
0 Kudos
TelmaFernandes2
New Contributor II

Hi  JayantaPoddar, 
Thanks for the reply. However no sense to me that having the map service the Extract option enabled is not possible to download the information.

@IsmaelChivite is there no way around this limitation?

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
MarcGraham2
Occasional Contributor III

I just ran into this limitation in Experience builder. Trying to export data from a sublayer of a map service. It is bonkers that this is not possible.

0 Kudos