Select to view content in your preferred language

How do other users get enabled to generate reports?

Jump to solution
01-10-2023 12:19 PM
ChrisYoung2
Regular Contributor

I have created a report template for survey 123, actually several. It seems that only administrators can use them. What other users can generate reports? I have several creator/publishers and creator/facilitators that I would like to be able to generate these reports. HOW?

Thank you.

Chris

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @ChrisYoung2

Checking the share status of the report template will need to be done in ArcGIS Online. The report template should be stored in the surveys folder within the survey owners content. Within the surveys folder you should see the Microsoft Word item and be able to see it's share status: 

ZacharySutherby_0-1673636553599.png

Thank you,
Zach

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

It is likely that the users have not been granted privileges to request Survey123 reports. Check the role of the user. Under the Premium Content section, make sure that Feature report is enabled as shown below.

IsmaelChivite_0-1673395724915.png

0 Kudos
ChrisYoung2
Regular Contributor

Not sure this helps me. We have non-profit licenses and I can't find the page you indicated. As the administrator of the account, I can't find it on the online portal or the organization portal. Perhaps this is not included in the non-profit license.

0 Kudos
JenniferAcunto
Esri Regular Contributor

@IsmaelChivite those permissions are not available in Enterprise. Does that mean that non-admin Enterprise users can no longer create reports for surveys they don't own? 

- Jen
0 Kudos
ChrisYoung2
Regular Contributor

Good question! I have no idea. So far it seems that only admin people can process reports. Some threads indicate otherwise though. Trying to find the answer to that question with this one.

0 Kudos
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @ChrisYoung2 @JenniferAcunto

Users with Creator user types and Publisher roles should be able to create reports. A few considerations is the user will need to have the ability to create content & have the report template shared with them. 

Can you please explain a little what your non-administrative users are seeing? Are they seeing the report button greyed out? If the report button is greyed out if they hover over it what is the message returned? It may be possible the report template may not be shared with the user, if that's the case they will need to have the report template shared with them. 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
ChrisYoung2
Regular Contributor

They see everything greyed out and when they hover over it there is a red circle with a slash through it. Where are the share controls for reports? I don't see it on the collaboration page and don't see it on the reports page.

0 Kudos
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @ChrisYoung2

Checking the share status of the report template will need to be done in ArcGIS Online. The report template should be stored in the surveys folder within the survey owners content. Within the surveys folder you should see the Microsoft Word item and be able to see it's share status: 

ZacharySutherby_0-1673636553599.png

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
ChrisYoung2
Regular Contributor

Awesome! Thanks Zach! I think that was the problem.

0 Kudos