Select to view content in your preferred language

How do I retrieve the original Survey123 item from a Solution?

Jump to solution
03-07-2023 06:38 AM
JayHodny
Regular Contributor

Hi.  I am working with the Lead Service Line Inventory solution.  I am having problems with the Survey123 component after making some modifications in Connect.  I would like to download the original Survey123 item contained in the solution and simply start over.  Is there a way to accomplish this?  Can I deploy the same solution again and retrieve the Survey item, or will this redeploy overwrite everything in the original deployed solution?  I don't know much about redeploying the same solution.  I have populated the ServiceLine feature service and don't want to lose/overwrite the existing service layer and lose the data.  Thanks, Jay

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisMiller_AK
New Contributor III

You can redeploy the solution...I had to do this a few times until I got more comfortable with the solution. It won't overwrite anything, because it creates new items. It will at "_1" at the end of each named item. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ChrisMiller_AK
New Contributor III

You can redeploy the solution...I had to do this a few times until I got more comfortable with the solution. It won't overwrite anything, because it creates new items. It will at "_1" at the end of each named item. 

0 Kudos
JayHodny
Regular Contributor

Chris,

Thanks.  I have redeployed other solutions and noticed the "_1 " at the end of each named item.  I figured that was the current option.   However, I hesitated given all the work I had put into populating the ServiceLine feature service.  I did manage to get a working version of Survey123.

I wonder if the Solutions applications will ever have a 'select and replace' on individual solution items which the users mess up?  Thanks again.

Sincerely,

Jay

0 Kudos