How Do I Apply A Rule In The Relevant Column When Using Select_Multiple?

Jump to solution
09-13-2019 08:09 AM
MichaelSlevin
New Contributor II

Afternoon

I am building an inspection form on Survey 123 Connect and, depending on the answer to the question, an option should appear prompting the inspector to take a photo.

For example, when answering a question, our inspector is presented with four options:

Pass

Fail#1 - Broken

Fail#2 - Missing

Fail#3 - On Fire

This is configured in the "Type" column as a "select multiple".

I have managed to get it, so that if our inspector selects one of the fails, the photo prompt appears. However, as soon as multiple fails are selected then the photo prompt disappears - it should instead present photo prompts for all three fails?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Sorry missed that it is a select multiple.  For those you have to use the selected function

selected(${Customers},'Other')

And yes you would have to write out all the or statements.  Unless you can use a != or not selected somehow.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You can use or in a relevant.  So field=1 or field=2.

0 Kudos
MichaelSlevin
New Contributor II

Yeah tried that but it hasn't worked.

The problem with using "Or", I think, is that it doesn't take account of the possibility of "And".

There are eight possible answers (see below) for an inspector to the question example above; am I just to type the eight possible answers into the Relevant cell using "Or"? Seems like there should be a simpler solution.

1. Pass (no photo prompt)

2. Fail#1 (fail 1 photo prompt)

3. Fail#2 (fail 2 photo prompt)

4. Fail#3 (fail 3 photo prompt)

5. Fail#1 and Fail#2 (fail 1 photo prompt and fail 2 photo prompt)

6. Fail#1 and Fail#3 (fail 1 photo prompt and fail 3 photo prompt)

7. Fail#2 and Fail#3 (fail 2 photo prompt and fail 3 photo prompt)

8. Fail#1, Fail#2 and Fail#3 (fail 1 photo prompt, fail 2 photo prompt and fail 3 photo prompt)

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Sorry missed that it is a select multiple.  For those you have to use the selected function

selected(${Customers},'Other')

And yes you would have to write out all the or statements.  Unless you can use a != or not selected somehow.