How come HTML no longer works in the Survey123 App?

04-28-2022 10:56 AM
LineCrew
New Contributor II

Hi, I am wondering why HTML no longer works in the Survey123 mobile application?

This was for a Pre-Trip Inspection survey for our CDL drivers. If something failed in their inspection, I wanted the person doing the inspection to be able to make notes in the survey, and send an email to the fleet manager and their department head. It populated the email using the information they enter into the inspection, and then right before they submitted the survey they just had to click the link. It opened the device's email app with the prepopulated message, and the user just had to hit the "Send" button in the email application. They then had to hit submit on Survey123.

Below is the HTML hyperlink.

concat('<a href="mailto:email@email.com?cc= email@email.com &subject=Failed Pre-Trip Inspection for Truck: ',${trucknum},' &body=Hey Rob,%0D%0A%0D%0A I am sending this email to report Truck ',${trucknum},' Failed its Pre-Trip Inspection.%0D%0A%0D%0AEngine Notes: ',${engine_comments},'%0D%0ABrake Notes: ',${brake_comments},'%0D%0ASuspension Notes: ',${suspension_comments},'%0D%0AWheel Notes: ',${wheels_comments},'%0D%0ACab Notes: ',${cab_comments},'%0D%0AVeicle Sides and Rear Notes: ',${side_comments}, ‘%0D%0A%0D%0AThank you,%0D%0A',${inspector},' "><; style="text-align:center">Send Report</a>')

However, with the latest release of the app, it no longer works. Why?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

This was posted about last fall: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/survey123-tricks-of-the-trade-quick-guide-to/ba-...

The reason, which the linked article points out, is to bring S123 in line with the broader Esri-verse in what HTML tags they support, the full list of which can be found here: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/reference/supported-html.htm 

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yep.  Hey maybe you know I wanted to use <blink> but it does not work.  Only other way I found was css.  Anyone know how to get blinking text in 123?

thanks

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Given your use-case, it seems like a process automation would solve your issue AND make the process easier for your users. Instead of using an email application, they could just submit the survey and let the automation handle the email. This could be achieved with Integromat or Power Automate.

Just a suggestion.

0 Kudos