How can I get input mask to not add blank spaces?

Jump to solution
11-26-2019 01:43 PM
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I have a field with a input mask of >AA99999.  I calc a field above it in just to get the first two chars of the format so the user does not have to retype.

But as you can see by the highlight it keeps adding 5 blanks at the end where the numbers should be.  This means the user has to now click in there, hit delete 5 times, then put in a number.

I was just doing a calc of the field above at first.  I also tried adding substr() so that just those first 2 letters go in there - but it is still adding the 5 blanks no matter what I try.

Any way to get rid of these blanks so they can just type the 5 numbers?  They do this 50 times a form so it really slows them down.

thanks for any ideas

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

BUG-000127116: Using an input mask (body::esri::inputMask) within a Survey123 XLSForm adds blank spaces into the survey question.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Doug,

I can see the behavior you are describing.  Can I ask that you file an issue with Esri Tech Support to get a BUG code to track this?

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for looking into it James.  I am pretty far removed from anyone that can log bugs since we are so big.  But i will ask around.

thanks

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

BUG-000127116: Using an input mask (body::esri::inputMask) within a Survey123 XLSForm adds blank spaces into the survey question.

0 Kudos
Bec
by
New Contributor III

Doug,

Has the inputMask bug been resolved by ESRI or is there any kind of work around?  I find that I am having the same issue in a current survey I am working on within Survey123 Connect.

Survey Adding Extra Spaces Bug.png

0 Kudos