How can I create point system in Survey123?

01-28-2020 07:18 AM
Jamieson-LeeScott
New Contributor

Good Morning to all,

I just recently jumped into the exciting world of Survey123 and moving away from paper surveys for tree inventories.  I've since completed the tutorials on Survey123 Connect and I'm in need of a little more direction.  For my surveys in the past I've created a point value system whereby certain aspects of a tree (eg. species, disease, etc.) are given a number that's added to a total at the end to produce a conservation value that I would then input into ArcMap to visualize for reports.

Can someone point me to some tutorials or give me some ideas on how I could do that with Survey123?  The idea being that, for example, if they choose a certain tree species in a multiple choice question it is given a hidden number value and that number can be added to a total that's saved at the end of the survey for each record.

I apologize if this sounds convoluted, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Glad to be part of the Survey123 community now.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

The general way to make a point system would be to have a series of questions (generally select one or range) that allow the user to select a value, whether a direct numeric or a label that corresponds to a value.  Then, you can create a total score by using a calculation to sum the values (or whatever formula is used to calculate the total).

0 Kudos