HL7 Data with Survey123

Jump to solution
06-22-2020 02:33 PM
DustinBaumbach1
Occasional Contributor

Hi ArcGIS Survey123‌ Team,

I am currently working on a form that may be used alongside of HL7 data from hospitals. However, it would be great if there is already a method of integrating HL7 data into a Survey123 form and from a Survey123 form to an HL7 database. Is there already a method of doing this? Additionally, is there a method of connecting an external database to Survey123 so that when that database is edited, the reports logged using the Survey123 form is also updated? Specifically, I am using Qvera as my external database. Please let me know if there is already a connection setup for this program.

On another note, is there a method of already implementing Survey123 data, and any externally connected databases, to an ArcGIS Dashboards‌? It would be great to know if it is possible to connect all of these to a category indicator or counter widget in a dashboard. Please explain more about the connections to these different applications.

Thank you,

Dustin Baumbach, PhD

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JaredShoultz
Esri Contributor

Dustin,

We have been doing some HL7/FHIR translation/display work recently for the SANER Project. Here is a demo video from the recent NACCHO360 Interoperability showcase (Click Here) as well as a report from a recent HL7 Connectathon FINAL Connectathan Report out (SANER Project on page 58). Feel free to reach out to me via email (jshoultz@esri.com) with some more details on your exact use case and I will see if the staff that worked on these projects can provide any more detailed advice. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Dustin,

Apologies for the delay in response. The transfer of data between systems is more of a function of the ArcGIS Enterprise system the Survey123 form would be used with rather than a direct function of Survey123.  The Health and Human Services‌ team mat be a more appropriate resource to discuss this issue.  

Survey123 data can be easily used in an ArcGIS Dashboard - the data submitted by Survey123 is stored in a Feature Layer, which is a data type used natively by the Dashboard.

JaredShoultz
Esri Contributor

Dustin,

We have been doing some HL7/FHIR translation/display work recently for the SANER Project. Here is a demo video from the recent NACCHO360 Interoperability showcase (Click Here) as well as a report from a recent HL7 Connectathon FINAL Connectathan Report out (SANER Project on page 58). Feel free to reach out to me via email (jshoultz@esri.com) with some more details on your exact use case and I will see if the staff that worked on these projects can provide any more detailed advice. 

DustinBaumbach1
Occasional Contributor

Hi James Tedrick‌ and Jared Shoultz‌,

Thanks so much for your comments about my question.

Jared, I will look through these with my boss and reach out to your personal e-mail if we have anymore questions. The e-mail may come from me (dbaumbach@llu.edu) or from my boss, Todd Williams (tkabe.technologies@XXXX.com).

Thank you very much for your help.

Dustin Baumbach, PhD