Hide Select One from CSV

Jump to solution
02-16-2024 11:55 AM
DarrylKlassen1
Occasional Contributor II

Hello, I have a series of Select One questions - each relying on the previous question for its options using the "Choice_Filter" column.  This works great, except for when there is no entry in my CSV for a the answer to the previous question.   For instance:

DarrylKlassen1_0-1708113260329.png
When someone selects in Question 1 "Toronto" - I would like Question 2 to remain hidden, as there is no "City" = Toronto in Question 2.  

Is this possible?

Thanks

Darryl

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Well, there's the obvious relevant: not(selected(${my_question},'Toronto'))

But I assume you are looking for a more programmatic method? I'd put the selections into an external CSV so there were additional columns. Then, I'd make a column in said CSV for items that have "additional data". Then, I'd tie the relevant column to that. You'd just have to keep on top of updating that "additional data" column.

EDIT. Did this super quick and it works:

abureaux_0-1708118377602.png

abureaux_1-1708118475144.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Well, there's the obvious relevant: not(selected(${my_question},'Toronto'))

But I assume you are looking for a more programmatic method? I'd put the selections into an external CSV so there were additional columns. Then, I'd make a column in said CSV for items that have "additional data". Then, I'd tie the relevant column to that. You'd just have to keep on top of updating that "additional data" column.

EDIT. Did this super quick and it works:

abureaux_0-1708118377602.png

abureaux_1-1708118475144.png

0 Kudos
DarrylKlassen1
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks @abureaux I tried your example and it worked for me as well.  now I just have to figure out how to get it working with my data. ha ha!  Thanks again!

0 Kudos