Select to view content in your preferred language

Created nested questions based on a folder structure

Jump to solution
02-16-2024 10:20 AM
DarrylKlassen1
Occasional Contributor II

Hello, I am trying to create a survey for our field crews to sign off that they watched different videos.  I have it working from CSV files so when new videos or new folders have been created, they will automatically go into the survey.  I am (using PY) generating the CSV's that populate these questions, so it is dynamic.

For example:
DarrylKlassen1_0-1708107331204.png

My question is, if the user adds a 3rd level of folders and then puts videos in that folder, how can I dynamically create this survey to reflect that?  I.e. nested questions? Not sure how to deal with this based on the CSVs.  I can create the CSVs as needed, but don't know how to structure the survey to read them?

Thanks

Darryl

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Could you not set up a third level folder and have it just "waiting" for use? At some point, you need to tell the end users what the data structure looks like, and then stick to it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Could you not set up a third level folder and have it just "waiting" for use? At some point, you need to tell the end users what the data structure looks like, and then stick to it.

0 Kudos
DarrylKlassen1
Occasional Contributor II

Yes, based on my 2nd question that you answered, I should be able to set up 4-5 levels of folders in my survey - then have a script populate the CSV with appropriate values (on a scheduled task).  Then tell the client that they are limited to that many folders deep.  Thanks for your help.

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-questions/hide-select-one-from-csv/m-p/1383635#M54854