hide-input and compact appearance don't work for geopoint type

02-04-2020 02:22 PM
LS1
by
New Contributor III

I've tried both hide-input and compact appearance type for geopoint field in my survey. Neither of which change the appearance on the survey.  The map is still displayed. I am hard coding the lat/long from a site number the user selects which gives me the correct location on the map. They don't need to see the map and I'm trying to make the survey as short as possible for use on a smartphone. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kanin
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

As per the types tab in Excel, The hide-input apperance only applies to geopoint questions when opened in a web form and the compact appearance only applies to groups and repeats.

Appearance
compactApplies to groups and repeats. Group of questions will appear collapsed on startup.
hide-inputApplies to geopoint fields. Collapses the coordinate entry section of the widget in web form.

Moving forward, please do not hesitate to submit this functionality as an ArcGIS Idea.

0 Kudos
LS1
by
New Contributor III

Thank you. Will do. If I remove the geopoint question from the survey, the point displayed on the map from my survey is not my current location. I do have location services on my iPhone when collecting survey info.

0 Kudos
Kanin
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

With regards to the challenge of having your point not being displayed in your current location, and your aforementioned statement:

I am hard coding the lat/long from a site number the user selects which gives me the correct location on the map. 

I believe that, as a workaround, please try setting your geopoint question to read only will allow the location be 'calculated' by the site number and disabling the ability to edit the location of the survey.

If this answer is helpful, please mark it as helpful. If this answer solved your question, please mark it as the answer to help others who have the same question.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Is there a way to hide the geopoint question and map but still log the location?  Just takes up a lot of room.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Kanin
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Unfortunately, I believe that is currently not possible. Nonetheless, please feel free to create an ArcGIS Idea regarding this functionality, or contact Esri Technical Support directly to discuss further about having an enhancement to Survey123.

Or alternatively, a workaround could be to put the geopoint question in a compact/collapsed group at the very bottom of your survey? (See attached file for a sample configuration.)

Best,

Kanin

If this answer is helpful, please mark it as helpful. If this answer solved your question, please mark it as the answer to help others who have the same question.

0 Kudos