Hide Group on Desktop

Jump to solution
05-28-2021 09:23 AM
mikaila_jane
New Contributor

Is there anyway to hide a group or a question if the survey is viewed on desktop via mobile? 

I have a citizen science survey where users can download the app/survey or complete the survey in desktop (within an Experience builder page). I want a species ID guide in the mobile survey, which is on it's on group/page, but I want to hide this if the user views on desktop.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @mikaila_jane,

Unfortunately there is no property or value you can query in an expression to hide a group or question via a relevant expression.

However, what you coudl do is create two different surveys, that point to same feature service and one is designed for the web app and used in Experience builder, and the other is used in the field app on mobiel devices. That way you can add or remove questions that you do not want included in either survey, but all answers will still be submitted to the same feature layer.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @mikaila_jane,

Unfortunately there is no property or value you can query in an expression to hide a group or question via a relevant expression.

However, what you coudl do is create two different surveys, that point to same feature service and one is designed for the web app and used in Experience builder, and the other is used in the field app on mobiel devices. That way you can add or remove questions that you do not want included in either survey, but all answers will still be submitted to the same feature layer.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
mikaila_jane
New Contributor

Thanks Phil, I wasn't aware that two surveys could point to the same feature service. That solves my problem!

0 Kudos