Hide geopoint question

Jump to solution
11-19-2019 07:21 AM
NicolasRoger
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

As seen here, it is possible to calculate a geopoint question. But is it possible to calculate and hide a geopoint question?

Currently, if I set Relevent = false to this question, then the location of the survey seems to default to 0°,0° (At least on windows 7 with no geolocation service).

So I then tried to use the "center" URL parameter to populate the geopoint properly as explained here. This work great. The geopoint question can stay hidden and the survey default to the proper location. But this is not a solution for me as my user don't click on a URL everytime they use the survey.

So is it possible to set the "center" parameter from inside the survey?

Basicly what I need is the following:

1. Set the geopoint location from inside the survey.
  2. Make sure no geopoint question is seen in the form.
Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Nicolas,

No, they are not the same thing. Not including a geopoint in your survey will mean the geometry is set to point as default, and a location will be captured automatically by the location services of the device (or external GPS if connected) and the geopoint will get the users current location.

Adding the geopoint to the form and making the geopoint not relevant will cause it to have no location (null value) which will then default to 0,0 when submitted to feature service.

You can find out more about the geopoint behaviour here: Geopoints—Survey123 for ArcGIS | Documentation 

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Nicolas,

No, this is not currently possible. The geopoint question type does not support other appearances such as making it hidden. To be able to configure defaults, calculations or other settings related to that question in the survey, the geopoint needs to be added to the form. This will make it visible. You can make the geopoint read-only, but the user will still see it.

If you make the question not relevant, no value will be stored, and the geometry set for that feature will default to 0,0. This is similar to other question types, if they are not relevant they will not have a value.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
NicolasRoger
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your answer. Does making the geopoint question not relevant the same as making no geopoint question at all? I noticed the location of some user is sent with the survey even if I don't have any geopoint question. I don't want that. I would expect it to default to 0,0 but that is not what is happening.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Nicolas,

No, they are not the same thing. Not including a geopoint in your survey will mean the geometry is set to point as default, and a location will be captured automatically by the location services of the device (or external GPS if connected) and the geopoint will get the users current location.

Adding the geopoint to the form and making the geopoint not relevant will cause it to have no location (null value) which will then default to 0,0 when submitted to feature service.

You can find out more about the geopoint behaviour here: Geopoints—Survey123 for ArcGIS | Documentation 

Regards,

Phil.