Hidden/calculation fields returning dates instead of decimal calculations on custom report

10-30-2018 02:12 PM
ChrisShuck1
New Contributor II

I am trying to use either the calculate or hidden field types to round a decimal. When I check the answer by inserting the expression/tag into a note field or a decimal field, I can see that it is working as intended within the survey. However, the rounded decimal does not show up on the custom report, it instead returns a date that is slightly before the start of Unix time:

I've tried using esriFieldTypeSingle and using bind::type decimal, although I can't use the two together as this results in an error. If I use a decimal field type, rather than hidden or calculate, the rounded decimal shows up on the custom report. But I do not want this field to be visible on the survey. The xls is attached and the fields in question are highlighted purple (length, width, and thickness). Please help. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Chris,

Apologies for the late reply.  After your post, we released version 3.1, which included improvements in the handling of hidden/calculate questions in the report generator.  In testing your form now, I'm no longer seeing the issue you describe- are you still seeing this problem?

0 Kudos
ChrisShuck1
New Contributor II

Hi James,

I haven’t had any issues with this function of late. It’s been working well. Thanks for getting back to me.

-Chris

0 Kudos