Help with Survey123 Error: Failed to submit. Conversion failed when converting date and/or time from character string

06-03-2021 03:56 PM
GiselleVandrick
New Contributor

I'm looking for support on a Survey123 issue reported by 3 users of my form that I have not been able to replicate. The users who reported the error launched the survey from an automated email they received after joining the program. When trying to submit to the form, they receive the following error message: "Failed to submit. Conversion failed when converting date and/or time from character string." 

The survey was last updated 6/3/2021 in Survey123 Connect version 3.10.239. There is only 1 date field type in the form, which has a default value of today(), a bind::esri:fieldType value of esriFieldTypeDate, and a bind::esri:fieldLength of 255. I've confirmed the attribute field in the feature layer that the survey submits to also shows up as a Date field type in AGOL and ArcGIS Pro. 

I have been able to successfully submit to the form in Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Safari, and the Survey123 mobile app. I've also been able to submit when using a different date than the default of today's date. 

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated! 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @GiselleVandrick,

What device and OS do they get the error on, is it in the field app (mobile app) or the web browser app on a mobile device? If it is browser, what browser version is it?

What locale (language) is the device set to and number, date/time format? 

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos