Help with conditional statments

03-06-2021 01:51 AM
startaglia
New Contributor II

I would appreciate if someone could help me to create an if statement for the following scenario:

startaglia_0-1615024085026.png

What I am after is that when a user selects a specific PRO then only the localities related to that PRO appear under the dropdown Locality. If no PRO is selected, the Locality dropdown returns all the localities. 

Is this possible please?

Cheers,

Sergio

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What you're looking for are choice filters, which you'll need to use Survey123 to implement fully.

Check out this post about choice filters, as it walks you through the steps to create a cascading select, which is what you're describing.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
startaglia
New Contributor II

Thanks Josh for your help. It worked fine. However, it seems that the choice filters do not work on the web app. Are there any alternative solutions?

Cheers,

Sergio

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You mean the browser-based survey format? We have a number of surveys that use cascading that we access exclusively through a browser, and they work as expected. Can you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing in your survey?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
startaglia
New Contributor II

Hi Josh,

Thanks a lot for all your help and prompt reply. I was missing a simple step 🙂 Problem solved and it works fine.

Cheers,

Sergio