Headers within select_one list

Jump to solution
01-13-2017 02:07 PM
KatjaKrivoruchko
New Contributor III

I am wondering if there is a way to split up a long select_one list into sections. For example, I want to use values 1 and 6 as non-selectable bold or capitalized entries in the list:

1    HEADER: Homeless Situation
2    Place not meant for habitation
3    Emergency shelter
4    Safe Haven
5    Interim Housing
6    HEADER: Institutional Situation
7    Foster care home or foster care group home
8    Hospital or other residential non-psychiatric facility
9    Jail, prison or juvenile detention facility
10    Long-term care facility or nursing home

Is this possible?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Katja,

We don't support a hierarchical choice set within 1 list.  That being said:

1) Using the autocomplete appearance, the list becomes searchable- that may remove the need for a browsable hierarchy.

2) You could visually accomplish something similar by using HTML in the label of a select and provide a generic or dummy value for the category.  I would also recommend a constraint check for the generic/dummy value if the category by itself is not a valid choice

3) Cascading Selects allow you to create a browse able data structure across two questions (a choice of header, the group values) - see Cascading and external selects—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Katja,

We don't support a hierarchical choice set within 1 list.  That being said:

1) Using the autocomplete appearance, the list becomes searchable- that may remove the need for a browsable hierarchy.

2) You could visually accomplish something similar by using HTML in the label of a select and provide a generic or dummy value for the category.  I would also recommend a constraint check for the generic/dummy value if the category by itself is not a valid choice

3) Cascading Selects allow you to create a browse able data structure across two questions (a choice of header, the group values) - see Cascading and external selects—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

0 Kudos