getValue:"count" is no longer a supported field

319
2
08-04-2021 09:32 AM
abureaux
Occasional Contributor III

So, last Thursday there was an outage on Esri's side for creating feature reports. After this issue was fixed, something seems to have changed in their report generation/parsing.

I had a bunch of surveys uploaded and working that utilized getValue:"count". Now, any survey with that will not create a feature report and I cannot upload templates with getValue:"count".

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue? I have a case open with Esri support, but no answers yet.

 

Note: edited my previous post. My mind is in too many places right now, and I type the expression wrong!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @abureaux ,

Did the getValue:"count" method apply to a select_multiple question in your case?

 

If yes, this was not a rigorous usage of the method and is caught in the new enhanced syntax checking process. If you want to get the number of selected choices in a select_multiple question, please use countSelected instead. For example ${select_multiple1 | countSelected} . Please check the doc for details.

 

If this is not your case, can you please share your XLSForm file and the report template file with us to reproduce the issue?

 

Thanks,

Zhifang

0 Kudos
abureaux
Occasional Contributor III

I did have one select_multiple using it, but that was just one of many questions to fail. I was primarily using it to count repeats. I was able to figure out what was going on with esri support not too long ago.

The suddenness of this change wrecked havoc on a lot of my already published forms which just started failing out of the blue. I ended up adding the Count function for the repeats into my survey as Calculate fields. In my testing though, there was an extra layer of annoyance added in this update... I had to add Calculates (to count the repeats) both inside AND outside the repeat to account for different use cases within the template. For instance, having a single "master" Calculate for a specific repeat, while convenient, would fail parsing if that Calculate was located outside a repeat in the XLS, but used inside a repeat of the template. This wasn't the case previously and just adds an extra level of complexity (and silliness. I just add a second calculate inside my repeat and made it equal to the one outside...)

Once the problem was identified, I was able to get everything working again.

0 Kudos