Getting operation rolled back send error with survey using pulldata()

Jump to solution
08-09-2022 12:19 PM
TKnutson
New Contributor II

Hi, I’m looking for suggestions for an error I’m getting in Survey123. I have a survey that uses the pulldata() function to populate fields from a feature service. When I test the survey on the mobile app, I am unable to send the form, getting a Send Error that says Operation rolled back

I have tried removing bind::esri: constraints and I have ensured that the mobile Survey123 app and the Survey123 Connect apps are the same version. I have tried changing the publishing options for both Enable Sync and Use global ID parent keys in repeat relationships. The app works as expected from browser. 

I've attached an excerpt from the log.

Thanks,

Tori

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @TKnutson

I would suggest checking if you can add a feature in a web map, from the log it looks like you're using an ArcGIS Enterprise feature service that's referencing a feature class coming from an Enterprise Geodatabase. Adding a record from a web map will confirm that there's no issues on the feature service / feature class side of things. 

Assuming features can be added from a web map I would suggest checking the field length for the "mytoken" field. The token in the applyEdits request is larger than 255 characters (default field length) which would lead to submission errors. 

Thank you,
Zach

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @TKnutson

I would suggest checking if you can add a feature in a web map, from the log it looks like you're using an ArcGIS Enterprise feature service that's referencing a feature class coming from an Enterprise Geodatabase. Adding a record from a web map will confirm that there's no issues on the feature service / feature class side of things. 

Assuming features can be added from a web map I would suggest checking the field length for the "mytoken" field. The token in the applyEdits request is larger than 255 characters (default field length) which would lead to submission errors. 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
TKnutson
New Contributor II

Hi Zachary, you were correct, my token field was not long enough. Increasing the length has solved this issue for me. Thanks!

0 Kudos