Select to view content in your preferred language

Geometry defaults to users location instead of passed lat and lon coordinates

Jump to solution
04-18-2023 08:29 AM
slach
by
New Contributor II

I'm working on a S123 form that takes a URL generated in a popup and passes forward several fields along with the coordinates that the geopoint should be placed at.

This works on incognito mode or if I don't allow my browser to access my location but if I accept the request the point will then default to my current location instead of the coordinates I passed forward. I've followed the steps outlined here but not sure what I'm doing wrong since this is a workflow supposedly set up by esri themselves

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @slach ,

The default behavior of the form is to request the user's location; because the request for a user's location completes after the browser has loaded the form values specified in the URL, that is overriding the value you provided when the form was loaded. 

You can prevent the request for a location by providing a default value of null .

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @slach ,

The default behavior of the form is to request the user's location; because the request for a user's location completes after the browser has loaded the form values specified in the URL, that is overriding the value you provided when the form was loaded. 

You can prevent the request for a location by providing a default value of null .

slach
by
New Contributor II

Perfect! Thank you that worked

0 Kudos