FormLogicError: Could not evaluate...

Jump to solution
10-27-2022 01:51 PM
AmyRoust
Occasional Contributor III

I'm working on a really complicated Survey123 Connect XLSForm and have hit a roadblock. Everything works until I introduce this question:

type: note

name: Ravg_before

label: Ravg Before

appearance: horizontal

calculation:

if(pulldata('BMPMod_Chart','ChangeBefore','PracticeName',${practice})='None',pulldata(${LandType_Before},'Ravg','County',${county_bmp_location}),pulldata(${LandType_Before},'Ravg','County',${county_bmp_location})*pulldata('BMPMod_Chart','MultiplyBefore','PracticeName',${practice}))

When I fill out the form inside Survey123 Connect, I get the correct result:

AmyRoust_0-1666903383993.png

But when I publish the survey and open it in a web browser, I immediately get this error message:

AmyRoust_1-1666903506350.png

I realize that this is really hard to troubleshoot without providing the XLSForm and the related media files that drive all of the lookup values.  I'm just hoping for some clues that might get me across the finish line without having to call tech support.

Things I've tried:

• Ensured that all column names in all CSV files in the media folder have no spaces or special characters.
  • Ensured that every record in every CSV in the media folder is fully populated (no null values/empty cells)
  • Renaming the two CSVs that have a - in their file name to remove the -

I have not removed the underscore from the CSV called BMPMod_Chart because I am successfully calling that CSV and returning values in earlier questions without error.

Any other ideas on what I can try? I don't know what the web browser is checking that the desktop app is not.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @AmyRoust

This looks to be the same issue outlined in BUG-000139694, if you separate the pulldata functions into their own calculate questions, then reference those calculations in the if() statement does that resolve the issue? 

Thank you,
Zach

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @AmyRoust

This looks to be the same issue outlined in BUG-000139694, if you separate the pulldata functions into their own calculate questions, then reference those calculations in the if() statement does that resolve the issue? 

Thank you,
Zach
AmyRoust
Occasional Contributor III

Oh my gosh, yes! Thank you so much! Breaking it apart fixed the problem. You are my hero!