Select to view content in your preferred language

What the best way is to back up Survey123 built in Connect (before reformatting a computer)

Jump to solution
10-27-2022 02:28 PM
RyanBohan
Regular Contributor

Wonder what the best way is to back up Survey123 built in Connect (before reformatting a computer)

I have a copy of the entire folder containing the .xlsx files for the surveys.  I assume they won't likely just be able to be dropped into the rebuilt computer.  At the very least I can copy the old logic

Copied folder:

C:\Users\<username>\ArcGIS\My Survey Designs

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Actually you can just copy the whole dir you listed then copy it back to the new computer before you fire up 123 for the first time and you are good to go.  Well to be clear I would backup all of C:\Users\<username>\ArcGIS just to be safe since you may have other stuff in there.  But I would only copy the My Survey Designs back.

There is a post on it here somewhere to search for.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Actually you can just copy the whole dir you listed then copy it back to the new computer before you fire up 123 for the first time and you are good to go.  Well to be clear I would backup all of C:\Users\<username>\ArcGIS just to be safe since you may have other stuff in there.  But I would only copy the My Survey Designs back.

There is a post on it here somewhere to search for.

0 Kudos
RyanBohan
Regular Contributor

Awesome, thank you Doug, and will do